This was the home of R. J. Reynolds tobacco heir Richard Reynolds, who purchased it from Howard Coffin and restored it in 1934. It was greatly modified from the early construction of Thomas Spalding. When Reynolds died in 1964, the process of selling the house to the state of Georgia, as well as the vast majority of the island, was initiated. It was finalized in 1969. Today, it serves as a lodge and event venue for small groups.