Brunswick Old Town Historic District, National Register of Historic Places
A historic marker outside the church reads:In 1838 a small Methodist Brunswick congregation was assigned to a preaching circuit by the Florida Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church. They worshiped in various locations including the 1840 Glynn Academy schoolhouse before building their first church on this site in 1861. Federal troops occupied Brunswick in March 1862 and the town was evacuated. The church was inactive until 1865. The original wooden church was removed in 1904 and the cornerstone laid for the current structure on 15 September 1905. An educational annex, added in 1930, was damaged by fire and replaced in 1955. An addition to the annex was completed in 1960. The interior of the sanctuary was remodeled and enlarged in 1968 and the welcome center was added in 2010.