Tag Archives: Architecture of Walter P. Marshall

Bryan County Courthouse, 1938, Pembroke

Pembroke is one of the newest county seats in Georgia, having been chosen for this distinction when the construction of Fort Stewart cut off the previous county seat, Clyde, from public access. Though it has not been formally documented, the courthouse, designed by Savannah architect Walter P. Marshall, was likely funded by the Department of Defense.

National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under -BRYAN COUNTY, Pembroke GA