Tag Archives: Courthouses & City Halls of Coastal Georgia

U. S. Custom House & Post Office, 1902, Brunswick

Now Brunswick’s City Hall, this was built under the direction of James Knox Taylor, Supervising Architect of the Department of the Treasury at the time.  It is unclear who the actual architect was.

Brunswick Old Town Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Advertisements

1 Comment

Filed under -GLYNN COUNTY, Brunswick GA

Savannah City Hall, 1906

This is one of the most monumental works of Hyman Wallace Witcover, who designed several other Savannah landmarks, including the Chatham Armory, the Scottish Rite Temple, and the Knights of Pythias Castle Hall, among others.

Savannah Historic District, National Historic Landmarknat

 

Leave a comment

Filed under -CHATHAM COUNTY, Savannah GA