Tag Archives: Dairies of Coastal Georgia

Lewis-Cason House, 1905, Glynn County

Glynn County GA Anguilla Area Historic Farmhouse Photograph Copyright Brian Brown Vanishing South Georgia USA 2015

This property has served as Cason’s and McDonald’s Dairy. After years of falling into disrepair, it was remodeled by Handy Jernigan. Thanks to Leah Cason and Dorothy Pepich for the background information. It’s a beautiful sight on Highway 99. It should always go without saying, but please note that this is private property.

 

14 Comments

Filed under -GLYNN COUNTY

Reynolds Dairy Barn, 1936, Sapelo Island

The main building housing the University of Georgia Marine Institute was first a dairy operation overseen by tobacco heir Richard Reynolds during his residence on Sapelo Island.

The building has been used for scientific pursuits since 1954.

 

 

 

 

 

Leave a comment

Filed under -MCINTOSH COUNTY, Sapelo Island GA