Tag Archives: Houses of Coastal Georgia

Second Empire House, 1873, Savannah

Savannah Historic District, National Historic Landmark

 

Leave a comment

Filed under -CHATHAM COUNTY, Savannah GA

Convent of Little Sisters of the Poor, 1899, Savannah

Built for George W. Owens in 1899, this house had perhaps its longest association as the Convent of Little Sisters of the Poor, a charitable Congregation of the Roman Catholic  Church. It has also served as a florist and is presently home to LaScala Italian Restaurant. It has been renovated several times since its construction.

Leave a comment

Filed under -CHATHAM COUNTY, Savannah GA

Matilda Krouskoff House, 1897, Savannah

Savannah Victorian Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under -CHATHAM COUNTY, Savannah GA

Charles Seiler House, 1899, Savannah

Savannah Victorian Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under -CHATHAM COUNTY, Savannah GA

Howarth House, 1895, Savannah

This was built based on a design in the New Improvement Book, one of numerous pattern books popular in the Victorian era.

Savannah Victorian Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under -CHATHAM COUNTY, Savannah GA

Neoclassical Revival House, 1907, Savannah

Savannah Victorian Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under -CHATHAM COUNTY, Savannah GA

Artifical Stone Townhouse, 1910, Savannah

This unusual Neoclassical townhouse is associated with the transitional Queen Anne-Neoclassical house around the corner, at 2220Barnard Street.

Savannah Victorian Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under -CHATHAM COUNTY, Savannah GA