Tag Archives: Ridgeville GA

DeLorme House, 1894, The Ridge

Thanks to Melissa Pope-Scott & Bryce Baumgartner for sharing a bit of their home’s history. Melissa writes:  This home was built originally by a Mr. De Lorme, early Darien attorney. He built it for his daughter who lived in the home for many decades with her life partner, Annie. Miss De Lorme was a pharmacist and owned Dariens first drug store. Annie was a school teacher for the Methodist church school at The Ridge. They are buried together in the De Lorme family plot at St. Andrews Cemetery at Ashantilly. The McQuaig family owned it much later on.

The Ridge Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

6 Comments

Filed under -MCINTOSH COUNTY, The Ridge GA

Patterson-White House, Circa 1872, The Ridge

Thanks to Bill Bolin for the identification. The house was built by Captain William Henry Patterson and later owned by the Thompsons, who sold it to the Daniel H. White family in the 1950s.

The Ridge Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under -MCINTOSH COUNTY, The Ridge GA