Built in 1872, Spencer House was, in its time, distinguished as the finest hotel in St. Marys and southeast Georgia. Today it is an exquisitely preserved example of Victorian-era architecture. Spencer House is named for Captain William T. Spencer who, along with his wife Harriet Louise, built the hotel while he was serving as the collector of customs for the port of St. Marys from 1871 to 1873. Today, it serves its original purpose once again as a bed and breakfast.
St. Marys Historic District, National Register of Historic Places