Three members of the duBignon family are buried here, along with two unrelated laborers. The tabby wall was placed around the cemetery by the Jekyll Island Club.
The duBignon graves are brick-and-marble tombs.
The slabs were carved by William T. White, a prominent marble cutter from Charleston, South Carolina.
Two are signed “Wm. T. White. Marble Cutter. Ch. So. Ca.” The other is unsigned, but likely White’s work, as well.
The two small headstones at the rear of the cemetery were placed by members of the Jekyll Island Club to mark the final resting places of two hotel employees who drowned on the island in 1912.
Marie Anne Felicite Ruffault, Grande Dutreuilh, (14 December 1776-6 April 1852)
Anne Amelia Nicolau duBignon, (1787-5 May 1850)
Joseph duBignon, (1814-27 April 1850)
Hector “The Greek” Deliyannis, (?-21 March 1912), native of Smyrna (Greece), now in Turkey
George F. Harvey, (?-21 March 1912), native of England
National Register of Historic Places