Cherokee was built for Jekyll Island Club member Dr. George Frederick Shrady between 1903-1904. Dr. Shrady was one of President Ulysses S. Grant’s last physicians. It was later owned by Dr. Walter Belknap James. One of the most beautifully proportioned cottages in the Millionaire’s Village, it is now a property of the Jekyll Island Club Resort.
Jekyll Island National Historic Landmark